Friday, August 20, 2010

Trifle, with Arabic Influences 2.0

Following last week's Ramadan trifle recipe which wasn't a wonderful success {see wgaw archive: TRIFLE WITH ARABIC INFLUENCES}, I decided to make a different version of the trifle, 2.0. 

This week it's with lemon jelly, so a sweet and a not-so-sweet combination.  I'm still not completely happy with this version, but it was definately edible and come back for more.  Will update later with version 2.1.


I used lemon jelly and dream whip




I soaked the vermicilli in rose syrup and made the pieces of vermicilli smaller with a potato masher,








then I mixed crushed lychees with lemon peel and layered them on top of the lemon jelly,



Then I added the dream whip and covered the trifle with pistach and saffron,




No comments: